1. In the Oak POS Back Office, click the "Marketing Tab" on the dashboard.
2. Click "Promotions".
3. To add a new promotion, click "New Promotion".
4. Enter the name of your promotion. This will appear in the "Select a coupon code" field in the kiosk and POS.
5. Under "Promotion Type", select Order Discount, Product Discount, or Voucher.
Order Discount: A discount off the entire order.
Product Discount: Set up discount(s) on specific product(s).
Voucher: Set up one of your affiliates (ie, Groupon, Expedia) as a pre-paid voucher.
6. Click "Submit".
7. The new promotion will show up at the bottom of your promotion list.
8. Click "Rules" for the new promotion.
9. Fill out the "Minimum order amount", "maximum discount amount", "maximum uses per user", and "maximum users". These are all optional; you don't need to fill any of them to create the coupon.
10. Change the "Valid From" and "Valid until" dates. Note that these must be changed for the promotion to work.
- For Order discounts:
- Set the discount type to "FlatAmount" or "Percentage".
- Enter the promotion value; if it's a flat amount, this is the discount that will be taken off the order. If it's a percentage, enter in as a decimal value. (ie, .10 for 10%, .15 for 15%, etc).
- For product level discounts:
- Under "Promotion items", click "new item".
- Enter in the SKU of the product for which you'd like to offer a discount.
- Select the type of discount you'd like to offer for the product: FlatAmount (ie, $5 off) or percentage (20% off)
- Enter the promotion value; if it's a flat amount, this is the discount that will be taken off the product. If it's a percentage, enter in as a decimal value. (ie, .10 for 10%, .15 for 15%, etc).
- Which rate would you like this discount to apply to? Examples below:
- 1 hour rate = 1 x hour
- 3 hour rate = 3 x hour
- 1 day rate = 1 x day
- Click "Submit".
- Note that you'll have to create a Promotion Item for each product you want the promotion to apply to. If you want a specific product to apply to multiple rates, you'll also need to add more rates.
11. Click "Save changes".
You're now on the main promotions page, and the coupon rules are set!
12. Click "Codes" for the promotion.
13. Click "New code".
14. Enter in the code you want to use for the promotion. You'll be able to enter this code as an alternative to using the grid selector. This can be very useful for print advertisements, if you can include a short coupon code that store associates can enter.
15. Select the affiliate to which you want to tie the promotion. Note that the promotion will be filed under the affiliate in the grid selector.
- If you're setting up a new affiliate for your business, please use this form to contact Getable so we can set you up!
16. Click "Submit".
The code and affiliate are now set. This coupon is ready to be used!