Product versions are useful for distinguishing between different colors, sizes, etc. of the same product. For a detailed explanation of this feature, check out the "What are product versions?" article in Zendesk.
To set up product versions for your business:
1. Identify the products in your inventory that have different versions---this could be size, color, etc.
2. When uploading a new product, select the "Multiple Versions" under Product Type.
3. Enter the "Parent SKU" for the product---you'll enter the individual "Child SKU" for each product version later on.
4. Follow the normal process for creating a new product.
5. In the upper right hand side of the screen, click the "Product Versions" tab.
For each product version you want to set up:
1. Click "New Product Version".
2. Create a "Child-SKU". Standard formatting is the "Parent-SKU", a dash (-), and a distinguishing character to mark the version. For example:
Tim's Bike Rental rents a Marin Globetrotter Hybrid Bike in several different sizes.
The Parent SKU for this product is 1022. Each version (size, in this case), will have it's own Child SKU.
Marin Globetrotter Hybrid Bike, Small: 1022-S
Marin Globetrotter Hybrid Bike, Medium: 1022-M
Marin Globetrotter Hybrid Bike, Large: 1022-L
Marin Globetrotter Hybrid Bike, Extra Large: 1022-XL
3. Enter the inventory count for this product version.
4. Click "Add product version".
5. To add pricing, click the "pricing" tab and fill the fields as appropriate.
6. Click "Save product pricing".
The product version is now added to your inventory! To set up additional versions, just click "new product version", and follow the steps above.