Authorized a customer's credit card at the time of checkout? When they come back in, no need to pull out the wallet again---you can charge them up to the full amount of the authorization by capturing the funds from the first transaction. Here's how:
1. Take an authorization on the customer's credit card during the product check-out process.
2. When the customer returns the product and you're ready to check them back in, navigate to the payment screen of the POS by clicking the "Payment" tab at the bottom of the dashboard.
2. Tap "Past transactions" to pull up the previous authorization.
3. On this screen, you'll see the authorization that you ran at the time of check-out.
4. Tap "Capture".
5. Using the keyboard, enter the amount you want to capture for, and click "OK". Note that you can only capture up to and including the amount of the authorization.
You've now captured the specified amount!